Labcold Statement of Environmental Policy
Labcold Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and has adopted the following policy objectives:
- To ensure the Company meets or exceeds all legislatory and regulatory instructions regarding environmental pollution and waste management.
- To minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring that they are as efficient as possible.
- Where technical solutions exist this Company will endeavour to re‐use or recycle waste products such as packing materials, or if not possible to ensure that such waste is disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure that refrigerant gases, volatile solvents and potentially toxic or harmful liquid materials are not released to the environment but will be collected and passed to a suitable qualified and registered organisation for disposal in an approved manner.
- Where choice exists to seek to use suppliers who adopt a responsible attitude to environmental issues. Similarly, where possible, products and component parts or materials will be selected with consideration of environmental impact and future disposal needs.
- To actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its suppliers.
- Minimise toxic emissions through careful selection and use of its fleet and encouragement of the use of public transport, video/ telephone conferencing where appropriate.
- It is the responsibility of each member of staff to observe and implement the Board’s policy.