Labcold is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures.
No employee, or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment due to their gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion and belief, nationality, ethnic or racial origin, or disability
Labcold will always employ practices and procedures within the bounds of current legislation. However, our aim is to adopt a best practice approach to ensure we treat all employees and potential employees fairly. This document sets out that best practice approach.
It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with the equal opportunities policy. It is additionally the responsibility of all managers and supervisors to ensure that the standards contained within are implemented on a continuing basis.
Diversity policy – Key points
- No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment due to their gender, age, marital status, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation
Recruitment and selection
- Recruitment advertising must encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people, and not unfairly exclude any group.
- Selection processes must ensure applicants are assessed against objective criteria for the job.
- Vacancies will generally be advertised internally to give employees the same opportunity as external candidates.
- Access to work opportunities will be determined by capability, flexibility and experience, and work will be allocated on the basis of objective criteria.
- When approving overtime, holidays or employment benefits, and when allocating unsociable hours, managers will do so in a way which neither favours nor benefits any employee or group.
- All reasonable modifications to work organisation will be made where an employee becomes unable, through disability to do their current job. Or, where practicable, a suitable alternative position may be found.
Training and development
- Access to training and development opportunities will be according to business needs.
- No training activity will reinforce prejudice, stereotyping or discrimination
- Bullying and harassment in any form will not be tolerated. Any employee failing to comply with this will be dealt with under the disciplinary procedure.