- Rapid Safe thawing, up to 30% quicker than the standard Barkey Plasma Thawer*
- Thaws 1 to 8 bags at a time
- Dry heating process
- Intuitive controller
- Sealed system to reduce airborne contaminants
- Easy maintenance
- Easy clean
- Leak detector with alarm and auto stop
- Gentle thawing and heating
- High water temperature cut out and alarm
- Versatile – no fixed bag size
- Clear display
Made in Germany by Barkey GmbH & Co. KG, this thawer is designed to thaw and warm FFP, Octoplas and cryo and other infusion products .
Bags are placed on dry cushions filled with a heating liquid and can be gently massaged to prevent damage, ensure even thawing and the mixing of the bags contents.
All cycles can be pre programmed meaning that with the clear, fully legible display.
Maintenance is easy too, as the de-mineralised or distilled water, if mixed with Micropur tablets will last for up to 12 months before having to be completely replaced, plus the unit is designed for continuous operation so can be left safely on standby until required, reducing thawing time.
Barkey have tested this thawer thoroughly and conclude that to thaw four 250ml bags of FFP it will only take 9.5 to 12 minutes*.
To ensure this thawer is ultra safe, whatever the program temperature, there is an automatic cut out in the unlikely event the water goes over temperature, detects a leak or does not have the water reserve topped up.
In addition, instant audio and visual alarms are activated if there is a leak or the unit goes over temperature allowing you to react quickly and salvage the product.
Optional accessories include a barcode reader and printer.
A certified medical device, this thawer can be set to the temperature and time appropriate for the safe thawing of plasma, the warming of blood and other infusion products making it a highly versatile and cost effective purchase.
* Note – Thawing time will depend upon fill volumes and process should be validated before proceeding.
Product Code: Plasmatherm V
- Capacity (Bags) 1-8
- Height x Width x Depth 320 x 340 x 600
- Weight 18kg
- Temperature Range +37ºC to +45ºC
- Temperature Display yes
- High/Low Temperature Alarm yes
- Certified Medical Deviceyes